Finding the Best Wealth Investment Advisor for Your Needs
Article written by Jennifer Black and Dedicated Financial Solutions.
There seems to be an endless number of “investment managers” out there, offering an endless list of solutions for investing and managing your money. How do you find the advisor or firm that’s right for you?
- One of the most common – and easiest – ways to get started finding an investment advisor is asking for referrals from friends, family members and colleagues who are satisfied with the investment and wealth management advice and service they’re receiving from their own advisors.
- You can also search online for investment management firms in your area, then read some of their information to ensure to get a sense of what they do and how they operate.
- Look for an advisor who makes a practice of looking at your whole financial and life situation, not just at how much money you have to invest and getting the highest return.
- Review their credentials to see if they are certified and can provide expert advice. The best investment management professionals have expert knowledge in several areas.
- Check that their training is up to date, not acquired decades ago.
Once you have a short list, make appointments and meet the consultants to determine whether they are a good fit for you. Your advisor should be willing and able to work with you to make the most of your assets and, most importantly, to meet your goals. They should not just tell you what to do with your money. Don’t be afraid to keep looking if you’re not comfortable.
Before you invest a dime, both you and your investment consultant need to understand what your goals are for your wealth and your investments, both in the short term and in the long term. Ensure that the advisor takes time to talk with you to make sure both you and they are crystal clear about those goals.
One firm that takes this approach is Dedicated Financial Solutions in Mississauga. The investment team at this award-winning firm looks at your investments as just one part of your overall financial plan. Their aim is to help you manage your money with the big picture – and your specific goals – always in mind.
Related Content You May Like:
Information about wealth management investment advisors for specific needs such as: for business owners click here and private wealth management for high net worth individuals click here